Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD)
LipiFlow Thermal Pulsation System
Addresses the root cause of the issue
- LipiFlow is the only FDA-approved medical device designed to treat the root cause of meibomian gland dysfunction. Several clinical studies (31 peer-reviewed articles) demonstrate LipiFlow’s safety and effectiveness. It addresses evaporative dry eye by unblocking the meibomian glands so they can secrete oily lipids normally to restore balance to the tears.
- LipiFlow uses gentled heated pulsations to unblock and clear the meibomian glands, so your eyes can produce more of their own perfectly balanced tears. Restoring function back to your glands will restore the natural balance and proper biological makeup of your tears so they can function as they should as opposed to drops which contain chemicals to clear blockage and lubricate artificially.
- Though there is currently no permanent cure for dry eye or MGD, LipiFlow is a viable, long-term solution. On average, patients do LipiFlow every 1-2 years to maintain the results as needed.
1. Understanding MGD
2. How Does LipiFlow Actually Work
- How Does LipiFlow Work?
- Does it Hurt?
- What Happens on the Day of My Procedure?
- How Quickly Will it Work?
- Is LipiFlow Covered by Insurance?